Welcome to the
SUNY Potsdam Student Success Centers GPA Calculator!
Disclaimer: This calculator is not associated with your official
college transcript. The results are estimates based solely on the data
To calculate your GPA for the current semester:
1. Type the course name
2. Enter the number of credit hours for the course
3. Choose a projected/estimated GPA for the course from the drop down
4. Press the add button.
5. Continue with this process until all of your current semester graded
credit courses are entered.
To see how these projected grades will affect your overall GPA:
1. Enter your Previous Hours (GPA Hours).
2. Enter your Previous Quality Points (Quality Points) from your latest
course summary, available in BearPAWS.
3. Press enter
Revisions to individual fields can be done directly. To clear all data
fields, press the (!) button.
ATTENTION: If you are repeating a course and want to estimate Future
GPA with that course excluded, you will need to adjust the Previous Hours
and Previous Quality Points to exclude them in the final calculation.
*For instance: If
you are repeating Writing & Critical Thinking, a 4 credit hour course
in which you earned a 1.3, deduct 4 hours from Previous Hours and deduct
5.2 from Previous Quality Points.
[Hours multiplied by Grade = Quality Points]
Note: For details
about grade calculation, please refer to the SUNY Potsdam Undergraduate